According to a research, the rate of meeting you partner online is very low. Though there are some of the couples who met online and are now happily married, there still is a group of people who are skeptic about the online dating system. It has been seen that many marriages that started with the online dating end up in divorces. Nearly 88% of the couples in the world met offline and are happily married to each other.
For the online dating, one has to be very careful about giving out their personal information. To use these sites safely, you must consider these tips.
- Avoid giving out your personal data, such as, address or phone number. Keep such personal information to yourself so no unknown person could easily track you. It is better if you also refrain from giving out your real name in the beginning.
- Always use the free email accounts where your real name is not given and is rarely used. This will save you from the people who try to reach you directly on your email address or try to find your information from any social network site.
- Keep a separate and anonymous phone number to chat from your mobile. It will protect you until you know about the person better.
- Ask the questions which help you inn knowing them better but are not too personal. This will help you in understanding the habits, character and personality of that person’s life.
- Always use the dating sites which are paid. These sites are safe and you have a high chance of avoiding dangerous people.
- If the individual has an old picture as his display picture then request for the recent picture as it will also give you an insight about that person.
- If your online dating relation is on the level, where you are ready to meet them. Then choose the public place for a date and inform one of your friends about it. The first date always helps you in understanding about that person.
- Listen to your instincts and don’t ignore them. People avoid giving their personal information on these sites so you have to rely on your common sense. After chatting, if you feel uncomfortable or in doubt about that person, then back off or proceed with care.
Though I am not sure if online dating sites work, you will still hear many successful stories about them. Your success of finding “The One” can depend on many factors especially if you choose the right site. You can give these sites a shot, see which site suits you, relax and enjoy. Who knows, maybe you get lucky.